1. Leads cost money, and your team is probably dropping more than you think! According to a major study of top US firms conducted by CSO Insights, over 50% of leads are not properly followed up, and only 20% of all leads are actually followed up in the recommended fashion!
- What decision makers were contacted and when?
- What are the defined next steps?
- Have client’s needs been captured completely?
- Is the deal really as far along as they think it is?
A good CRM system can completely change the dynamic of a sales pipeline review from one where the sales manager asks the same questions over and over again:
- Who’s the signing authority?
- Did they say that we were the top pick?
- What were their top needs?
- What is the business case/ROI and who are the competitors?
Leave micro-management to the system. All these questions are captured in the opportunity record so that weekly meetings can be much more strategic; that is, “how can we win this deal?”
- Authority to sign off
- Decision makers
If you even think you might need CRM, you’re already leaving thousands of dollars of revenue on the table! At a minimum, every customer we work with who says “yeah, we might benefit from CRM” will see a lift of 10% in top-line sales by doing so.