To teach salespeople the essentials of running a territory as if they it were their own business. Using a humourous farming analogy, we review important territory and account management techniques to understand how to maximize effectiveness. There are 5 learning objectives:
- How to rank your customers using Share Of Wallet and Sales Opportunity Gap metrics
- How to use the Growth Planner/Tracker
- How to keep a customer log using CRM/computer
- How to set up an automatic “touch” system
- How to use technology to stay organized
To teach salespeople the essentials of managing a client base within a territory. To review important territory and account management techniques to understand how to maximize effectiveness.
When a company assigns a territory or client base to its salespeople, they entrust them with a valuable franchise. To be effective, salespeople must understand what their territory is, and then how to best manage their time and their accounts profitably.
Salespeople must represent company in a manner that will maintain and protect established accounts, and build off their good reputation to gain new accounts. They need to leverage past successes of the company into new business.
This module will provide salespeople of all levels with proven territory and account management skills. Salespeople will learn how to maximize their selling time each week, and how to become more productive when selling. They will identify and rank the growth opportunities for their existing customer base and then design an account management system with key activities transferred into their schedules.
They will learn the 5 key steps to growing accounts:
1: Set a GOAL
2: Assemble your PLAN
4: REVIEW regularly
5: ADJUST as needed
This module begins with an analysis by salespeople of their territory at company. Salespeople will next learn how to rank their accounts into 4 groups, A-B-C-D using the objective metrics of “Share Of Wallet” and “Sales Opportunity Gap” as criteria. Salespeople will select a high growth opportunity target account to work through in the workshop.
Salespeople will identify the greatest growth opportunity for their target account, develop a strategy to leverage this opportunity and finally map out a specific action plan with time frames. After presenting their growth plan to other participants, they will be tasked with continuing the process with all their high potential clients.
Salespeople will review the “Sales Funnel” to see where they should be spending their time to dramatically increase productivity. There will be a “Plan you Work and Work your Plan” discussion to ensure salespeople understand the importance of maximizing their selling time each day. There is a checklist that allows salespeople to rate the effectiveness of their territory and account management skills. The facilitator will recommend specific items that individuals should work on to improve their productivity.
Participants will learn the importance of tracking their account growth activities and commit to regular review to see what’s working and what’s not.
1/2 day custom in-house workshop + online webinar
- Objective/Benefit Statement
- Defining Your Territory
- Understanding Share Of Wallet and Sales Opportunity Gap
- Ranking your Customers and Prospects using SOW and SOP
- Identifying Opportunities to Build Customer Volume
- Working your Sales Funnel using the Growth Planner/Tracker tool
- Select a target account
- Plan Your Work – Setting up an Account Management System
- Work Your Plan I. Maximizing Your Excellent Sales Record
- How to use LinkedIn to go deeper and wider with important contacts within the customer’s organization
- Your Sales Tool Kit
- Territory Management Checklist
- Generating referrals
- Field tools include: Sales Growth Planner, Sales Growth Activity Tracker
- Action Plan
- Knowledge Assessment