To teach participants how to increase their prospecting activity and their effectiveness in generating prospects through to securing sales meetings.
- Increase number of meetings with prospective customers
- Qualify high value prospects better
- Increase percentage of decision makers contacted
- Funnel management improvements
- Turn “cold” calls into “warm” calls by using marketing strategies
- Use prospecting time more effectively
- Less time managing your team
Consistent prospecting is the lifeblood for any sales professional. The most successful salespeople are the ones who are effective at prospecting, continually doing the activities in a skilled fashion to generate interest with qualified prospects. In this workshop we will learn specific techniques to market yourself more and cold call less. We will cover how to position your messages so that they resonate with your prospects. We will discuss how to manage the funnel process to ensure that you are on track to hitting your sales targets.
Participants will be asked to prepare by describing how they currently prospect, the amount of time they spend prospecting and their typical conversion ratios. They will be asked to bring their current prospect list. They will develop their own “funnel” profile and be taught how to determine what is needed at each stage to ensure their sales quotas are met. They will learn time management techniques to ensure that the proper amount of prospecting time is scheduled and becomes a system. Many exercises and role plays will ensure that the skills are driven deep.
1/2 day custom in-house workshop + online webinar
- Prospecting Self-Assessment
- What prevents us from doing enough prospecting?
- Identifying Your Target Prospect
- Why people buy: Gain, Avoid or Solve
- Managing Your Metrics
- Getting a Handle on Your Funnel
- How Much Time Does It Take?
- 3 Steps to Power Prospecting
- Plan Your Work – Work Your Plan
- Getting Focused
- The 5:15 Method
- Six Prospecting Time Management Strategies
- Problems with traditional “cold calls & advantages of “marketing calls”
- The persistence payoff
- Personal Action Plan for Next 30 Days
- Knowledge Assessment
“Mike’s proven and practical street level approach to prospecting has enabled our sales team to get a high level audience. He is worth the investment! What I especially liked is that he not only teaches it- he does it! He also makes himself very accessible!” Gary Johnston, LaserNetworks
“I just had my best January in 3 years and I give credit to the sales training we have been taking. The prospecting section has given me new ways to approach new business opportunities. Overall, the training has been very positive for all our sales force from rookies to 20 year veterans!” Craig Russell