This great article from Fast Company discusses how sales training delivered by the right means, is critical in getting your sales team performing exceptionally.
Although Fast Company is one of my favourite reads, it doesn’t often have articles focused around business sales so when I see one, I usually jump on it. This one hits on many important criteria to raise a sales team’s effectiveness through engagement and more specifically, through sales training. Some of the writer’s points that strike me are:
- Great training can help prevent boredom.
- Make it ongoing rather than something on your checklist.
- Build acquiring new selling skills into an internal competition or at least make it increase someone’s status.
- Make training convenient through remote learning in bite-sized pieces.
- Use a blended approach of online (including virtual classroom) and live classroom training.
Sales training can be an investment for your sales team with an extremely high return-on-investement but only if it’s done properly by using some of the ideas in the Fast Company article. Read the full article here.
I’d be happy to have a casual discussion of how Northbound can make your team perform better. Contact me @ 416.456.1440 or email@example.com.