What is the common thread among high achievers, not only in sales, but in all walks of life? People who turn intentions into reality have two things most people do not — they have a process to set & reach goals and they know how to manage their time carefully. In growing talent, we often overlook workload management and organizational skills. A 10-20% gain in personal productivity through the use of our Goal Aligned Time™ Management program is an obvious way to grow department productivity by the same amount.
Goal Aligned Time™ Management is a proven and research driven program that gives individuals the power to increase their productivity, reduce stress and achieve what’s important.
To teach participants how to increase their productivity and spend their time on tasks that represent the highest Return On Time Invested (R.O.T.I.)
- Greater productivity
- More completion of high value tasks
- Higher reliability
- Lower stress
- Greater focus
- Greater goal achievement
- Better sense of control
What is the common thread among high achievers, not only in sales, but in all walks of life? Time management! People who turn intentions into reality have two things most people do not — they have a process to set & reach goals and they know how to manage their time carefully. In growing sales talent, we often overlook goal & workload management and organizational skills. Goal Aligned Time™ Management is a proven and research driven program that gives individuals the power to increase their productivity, reduce stress and achieve what’s important.
Participants will be asked to prepare by bringing their current time management system with them. They will learn the four different types of activities and do an audit of their past week of activities to identify high value from low value ones. They will identify “time suckers” that sink their productivity in their current set-up and learn strategies to limit or eliminate them. Through a light hearted case study, they will understand how seemingly innocent poor time management habits can waste massive amounts of productivity. Participants will break into competitive teams and perform a live demonstration of “Parkinson’s Law” at work. They will learn a simple but effective method of planning their days to ensure that they are turning intentions into action.
1/2 day in-house workshop or two 2-hour live online sessions
- Participants complete an assessment instrument that identifies their current time management (or mismanagement!) and they learn where they can leverage their strengths to help them achieve more than ever.
- Understand the direct link between goals and time
- Audit your current use of time using a “Time Sucker” exercise
- Assess if your current activities are goal related or simply reactive “crisis” management
- How to differentiate importance from urgency and identify activities appropriately
- Understanding Parkinson’s Law
- How to apply the Goal Aligned™ Time Management system to their own paper based or digital planner.
- How to use a to-do list & calendar properly
- How to handle the deluge of e-mail, voicemail, text messages and other interruptions
- How to set up and manage their work areas
- How to reduce interruptions
- Personal Action Plan for Next 30 Days
- Knowledge Assessment
“Thank you for your help with this. I am very surprised at how much time I have now that I have to justify what I am doing at all times. With four children, I find time management has crept out of my work life and has taken on a life of it’s own. I am a much more organized person altogether. I wanted to thank you for that. It is amazing that when you add a skill in one part of your journey, how quickly you learn to apply it in almost every facet of your life.” Patricia M.
“Hi Mike. My month is going to plan as expected. I have been sticking to my plans, and have found that it has increased my personal productivity. This has allowed for my time to be utilized better thus making for a more fulfilling day all round!” David Hensby